Friday 10 July 2009

Cosplay.

This is my first time going to a Cosplay event, and I surely felt weird asking for people to pose for my camera, so pardon the many many weird shots!


I first heard about it from Su Ann, my long time friend on this event as she herself will cosplay on that day. Since I'm free that day, so I just give it a go!

Maito Gai!

It was a 2 day event, held at Sunway College but I went on the first day, on a Saturday morning. After picking up Su Ann and her friend Syara, I drove straight to Sunway College and got a parking there.


Upon entering the building, I already saw a few people with nice wigs and colourful clothings. Well, at least I went to the right destination =D Then Su Ann told me the event is at Level 3(I think...), we headed to the lift and go right up.

Merchandise on sale!!


There were plenty and really a lot a lot of stares from students at the Lobby on the way up. I guess there never seen this before? Or they haven't seen such pretty ladies before HAHA!



At Level 3, there was a queue already with Cosplayers outnumbered guests such as myself. Sadly I have no costume or character to emulate! Maybe I should try be Doraemon next time..hmm..



It is RM5 entry for Cosplayers and RM8 for guests. It was a 2 day event, and the payment is just for a day's visit but oh well, I'm not going the following morning anyway. Entering the huge hall, there were many stalls by the side, an animation studio in the middle, online games previews and performances on the main stage.

The early crowd at 11.30am.

1 hour later....

Kick Ass crowd, and not yet the peak hour.


It was from 11am to 6pm if I'm not mistaken and the event of the day was Karaoke Competition and some movie showcase such as Howl's Moving Castle(My personal fave..the bomb anime!!), Spirited Away, Doraemon the Movie and many others.



I register for some online game which I forgot the name, doubt I'll ever play it since I didn't even receive the installation CD =S I went around taking pictures and hoping to buy some merchandise etc. And I tell you..the things there are not that cheap... There were DVD's on sale, postcards, bags, food etc!

Akatsuki special edition!


Su Ann bought some Yaoi anime. And there were many photographers taking pictures of Su Ann and Syara! Become famous in just a few minutes haha! Asked them to joined the Karaoke competition but oh well..they are too 'talented' for this kind of things =D

The blonde is soo hot I tell you...


Some scenes from the Karaoke Competition.

And of course, there will be Simon Cowell..

with a Scientific Calculator on her right!! O.o

I guess that is for calculating the score =D

And then soon after that, we left the place and I put Su Ann and Syara down at Pyramid, I head home and get ready for the MIYF Youth Anniversary!! (Sorry yah I rarely go to the Youth the past few months...)

I'll end with this pic!

Mochi, anyone =D?

1 comment:

Va said...

wen jun! didn't know you too into this kind of stuff eh. :D